Thread: Server Hard Drive Failure!

TGC Site Owner
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries

Server Hard Drive Failure!

You may be wondering why TGC has been down more than up the last couple of days.

The server that hosts this site had a hard drive failure Friday night. The server is located in Texas and the folks there have been working on it ever since. They replaced the drive but something else is apparently wrong. They are still trying to isolate the problem and may need to restart the server several times which takes a lot longer than a desktop. During the restarts, TGC will be down again.

Sorry..... not anything I can do about the situation from Tennessee.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -- The United States Constitution, Amendment 2, Ratified Dec. 15, 1791

TGC - Senior Member
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Arms way too short huh?

TGC - Super Moderator
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I used to like texas till they gave us bush sr, then jr, now another one looms on the horizon.....

TGC Site Owner
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justANOTHERdarnusername View Post
    Arms way too short huh?
    Yeah, they are. But I am just glad there is someone working on it that know a lot more about it than I do. They have been very good at responding to my sometimes stupid questions and helping me out, so I guess I will give them time to work through this.

They just sent me an email telling me that "the server node that houses your site is currently up, running and stable. However the RAID (hard drive array) health is less than optimal...We will be scheduling another window in the very near future to perform another round of maintenance. This maintenance should be seamless with no projected downtime ... however during the process you may notice sluggish responses."

So there you have it. It is fixed but not quite fixed. Or is it, it is not quite fixed but it is fixed?
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -- The United States Constitution, Amendment 2, Ratified Dec. 15, 1791