Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanting Suggestions on a Good Safe

TGC - Senior Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I just got back from a day of searching & found these two locally that can be delivered. Here's the first..... http://www.libertysafe.com/buy-a-saf...lor-pg-76.html

My local gun shop just got this one, used from a customer. I looked it over & it's in 100% mint condition, inside & out. Not a scratch anywhere on it. They want $550 + tax & said they could deliver for an extra $50, so that would come out to around $650 (I think I could get it for a bit less though). It has the heavy dial/lock instead of an electronic keypad & hidden hinges.

Here's my other option I found for. It's brand new for $650 delivered. http://www.fortresssafe.com/shop/gun...e-24-gun-safe/

Because of the hidden hinges & steel dial & I'm leaning toward the Liberty. Any opinions on these two?
    Last edited by insaneranger; 05-14-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    MORE COWBELL!!

TGC Site Owner
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    The links you posted seem to be incomplete but I am sure you would be satisfied with either one. Both my safes have the electronic locks. At first I didn't think I would like them and had wanted the mechanical dial locks. However, after using them for years I kind of like them. They definitely open quicker. The batteries last a LONG time.

The easiest way to post the links is to go to the safe page in another window, left click ONE time in the address bar so it is highlighted, then right click and select copy. Come back to this page and click paste at the point where you want the link OR hit the link button and then paste the link into the box that pops up.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -- The United States Constitution, Amendment 2, Ratified Dec. 15, 1791

TGC - Senior Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    The links you posted seem to be incomplete but I am sure you would be satisfied with either one. Both my safes have the electronic locks. At first I didn't think I would like them and had wanted the mechanical dial locks. However, after using them for years I kind of like them. They definitely open quicker. The batteries last a LONG time.

The easiest way to post the links is to go to the safe page in another window, left click ONE time in the address bar so it is highlighted, then right click and select copy. Come back to this page and click paste at the point where you want the link OR hit the link button and then paste the link into the box that pops up.
    Sorry. Fixed it in my post, but here's another copy of the links.......
    http://www.libertysafe.com/buy-a-saf...lor-pg-76.html
    http://www.fortresssafe.com/shop/gun...e-24-gun-safe/
    MORE COWBELL!!

TGC Site Owner
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Both look good but I also like the Liberty a little better.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -- The United States Constitution, Amendment 2, Ratified Dec. 15, 1791