Thread: Rossi Braztech Wizards/H&R Handi-Rifle/Single-shots

sagoodlife
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level

Rossi Braztech Wizards/H&R Handi-Rifle/Single-shots

Okay, so I'm weird: I like single shots. I've had a Wizard for a little over a year now; I bought it with a .30-06 barrel, and have since added a .20 gauge and most recently a .22-250 barrel. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, especially with the .22-250, and I'm thinking of adding a few new barrels. It's a whole lot less expensive than buying a new rifle in each caliber. I'd just like to see what experiences others have had with them or their counterparts, the H&R's. The only thing that kept me from the H&R's was having to send it back to the factory to get another barrel fitted. And I'm constrained to a reasonable budget (I'm not the government). Comments, suggestions, favorite calibers, "stay away from___"?

TGC - Newbie
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    I love the Ruger No 1's. I have one in 45-70 and another in 450/400. I would like to have more but the only thing keeping me from it is $$$.

TGC - Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    I realize this thread/post is three years old, but has anyone dealt with Rossi in the last couple of years? If so, plan to get treated like a red headed stepchild... and wait on getting your gun back in a couple of years! Think I'm kidding? Not on your life. I have a Rossi Circuit Judge .45Colt/.410, that developed hairline cracks in the wrist grip area after about 30 rounds... since new! I contacted them with my story of woe on 10-26-15, at which time they "claimed" to have put me a new butt-stock on order. They even gave me an order number. I've probably contacted them a dozen plus times, and get the same run around and talking points... "it's on back order"! If a company that manufactures guns, can't come up with a replacement butt-stock in over a year, it might be a good idea to avoid their guns altogether. Sour grapes? Yeah, but well justified. Just check out the other horror stories about split and cracked stocks on Google. I have plenty of company. I still do not have my replacement butt-stock!!!!