Thread: 25 Stevens rimfire ammo

TGC - Newbie
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level

25 Stevens rimfire ammo

I have recently come across an entire, in tact, case of 25 Stevens rimfire ammunition. The only missing piece is the wooden lid. I have 4 full bricks 3 of which appear to be unopened. I am wondering if it is worth breaking up the case and selling the boxes individually or should I keep as a full case? Any help would be appreciated.

TGC Site Owner
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    I would not sell any of it until doing some research. You may have stumbled onto a small gold mine. I found a partial box back in September and posted this in another thread on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    Last night I was looking through a box of stuff I bought at an estate sale over 20 years ago. One of the things I found was almost a full box of Western 25 Stevens (long) rimfire ammo. I had never heard of that caliber so I looked it up on the web. Seems it was discontinued around 1942 but Western made a few after WW2. Apparently it is now collectable. Wonder what it is worth, I asked myself.

Well, two boxes of the 25 Stevens RF sold on Gun Broker this morning, one for $72 and the other for $110! So, that caused me to look further. OTGAMMO.com just sold a box of Western for $100, and ammo-one.com has Western priced at $4.75 PER CARTRIDGE. Wow....
    The site ammo-one.com is still around but the other one seems to be dead. You can probably find more by searching on Gun Broker or by searching for collectable or obsolete ammo on Google or Yahoo.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -- The United States Constitution, Amendment 2, Ratified Dec. 15, 1791

TGC - Newbie
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    From the research that I have done they are selling anywhere from $110 a box (Remington Kleanbore) to the $4.75 per round like you mentioned. Just not sure if it is more valuable as an entire case. The rounds have been stored extremely well and look new. OWE made an offer and indicated they were going to break it up. Thanks for the help.

TGC - Professional
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsOverdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Let us know what you do/what you get for it. Knowledge is Power.
    “You can ignore reality,but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”
    -Ayn Rand

TGC - Senior Member
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Level
    Yep, those are worth some real cash.

TGC - Newbie
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by thom424 View Post
    I have recently come across an entire, in tact, case of 25 Stevens rimfire ammunition. The only missing piece is the wooden lid. I have 4 full bricks 3 of which appear to be unopened. I am wondering if it is worth breaking up the case and selling the boxes individually or should I keep as a full case? Any help would be appreciated.
    I know this is an old post but do you still have any of the 25 stevens rf? I am a new member and would be interested in purchase of a couple of boxes for personal use. PM if you have and are interested in selling with your price per box of 50